World Blogger Championship of Online Poker

document.write('\

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Roller Coaster Month


Sometimes the worst thing that can happen is to get lucky.  Recently I was fortunate enough to increase my bankroll by almost 50% in a session of 13 hands!  I played only 2 sessions that day, each for only $1.  The first one went 9 hands, and since I doubled up, I had to leave by the blinds.  The second one went a whopping 13 hands, and after doubling up (or better) right away, I caught another monster hand in a 3 way pot and turned my $1 buy-in into $9.32!  That was the good news.
The bad news is that I apparently came to expect that kind of luck a little too much, and began taking too many chances again.  The result has been a month long roller coaster ride and an effort to get back on an even keel so as not to play like a maniac just so I can double or triple up real fast.
Could my bankroll have been better off without the windfall of luck?

1 comment:

Brandon said...

Hey, good to see you're up for the challenge too.

I'm doing the same thing, actually.

However, I'm starting with the $2 that Pokerstars dropped into my account for playing in their play money/freerolls.

I'm thinking my gameplan is a bit more conservative, as I've been sticking to the FL games, I started with the initial $2 in August and I've grown it to around $95. Eventually, when I'm more secure with my bankroll, I'll venture into the NL games and MTT.

Hope your journey goes well!

Feel free to read about mine at:

http://brandontod.blogspot.com/search/label/Grinder