World Blogger Championship of Online Poker

document.write('\

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Benchmark!










Alright, poker fans, I finally finished a night over $50. I'm trying to put this achievement in perspective. While it is a huge gain over my December 31 $2.76 shown above, and to think that on this third and final buy-in (I had dropped to below $1 and had to use some of my FFP's in mid-December to earn enough money in freerolls to get enough to have $1 so I could afford to buy into a cash game) it feels like quite an accomplishment. I was literally under a buck; in fact, check out my entries from December....


I was determined to not have a 4th buy-in, so played the FFP freerolls to get back up to minimum buy-in range. Here are some more recent entries from this week...

Wow this was going to be just a short entry...

Yes, on one hand it is quite an accomplishment. But I have so far to go. Or do I? I have grown my bankroll by a factor of 97 since December 7. If I can repeat this feat in the same amount of time, I would be almost half way to my goal ($4,985.80) by April. It is true that as my bankroll (and therefore buy-in) increases, my rate of changes increases much faster.

One other thing to consider....the level of play. I am still at the .01/.02 tables. Perhaps when I move up in the limits I will meet with resistance from superior players. But after all, poker is poker, right?

The longer I'm at this, the more convinced I am that I will make it to $10,000. It's good to be naive!

No comments: