World Blogger Championship of Online Poker

document.write('\

Sunday, February 3, 2008

What does tilt look like?


Here is what I've been up to since Jan. 26. The goal I set New Year's Day (.30-.50 profit each day or $18 by Jan. 31) was met, but since I got greedy last week, things have not gone as well. The two graphs above represent session by session and day by day for the last week or so. The bottom one is as of Saturday, Feb. 2.

I'm pretty sure that I got so excited about this experiment that I actually went a little overboard and played way too much. Synonymous' post expressing concern about 3:00 a.m. posts says a lot. Poker fans, I've run up a sleep deficit. Now I'm actually achey and sick.

The remedy? I'm going to bed by 11:00 5 nights per week in February. (Don't larugh, I know it is nearly midnight - I'm cleaining up after a Super Bowl party.) As for poker, less is more. I'll be playing fewer sessions, and probably just about everyday, but I expect the quality of my play to improve as I get proper rest. I have not been rested lately, and I plan to become more effective in my all my various roles. I've also vowed not to get too greedy in February.

Thanks for checking in....You can check back here to see what impact proper rest has on poker.

By the way, if you are reading this, shouldn't you take the $10 to $10,000 Challenge?

If you see Chris Ferguson, let him know how I'm doing.

No comments: