World Blogger Championship of Online Poker

document.write('\

Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The Bigger Picture


I am happy that my blog is growing, but it began so hapazardly that I think I'll take an entry now and then to explain some more of what you see.

Synomous left an interesting comment about multi-table playing and stats. I agree 100%, and that is one of the reasons I like to stick to one cash table at a time. I much prefer to enter my stats into the spreadsheet one table buy-in at a time. 99% of my data is taken this way, the only exception I can think of was "I Got Stupid." For each buy-in, I track the date, amount of buy in, number of hands dealt, cash out amount, plus or minus amount for the buy-in, and total bankroll. For many buy-ins, I also note the % of hands played. When in tournaments (which I have barely played since January 1) I also track the same information as above plus the amount of T$. T$ is prize money won in a satellite which you can use to buy in to a later event. I actually got the idea to do this from a player I met at a cash table last fall who was also doing the Chris Ferguson challenge. Now I regret not writing down his name; maybe I actually did and forgot about it. I'd like to check in with him now. I'm not sure how Chris Ferguson dealt with satellites, but before January, I would enter a $2.20 satellite for the Sunday 100 Grand Tourney (at :25 past each hour) where 20% of the field will be credited $11 worth of T$ as a token for a satellite entry into the Sunday 100 Grand. Or you can use the 11$ T$ for entry fees to sit & go tourneys (or any other tourney for that matter.) At any rate, it is fairly easy to break the top 20% of a field and be credited the $11 T$. I'm considering using a bunch of this T$ to finance WSOP satellites this spring. As of now, I have no T$, and when I do, I don't count it as part of my bankroll.

Back to the charts you see. The one above shows my daily bankroll beginning September 3 when I deposited $10 to my account which had $0.21 in it at the time. You can easily see the points at which I needed to re-load. I can also generate one from the same time frame that shows my bankroll after each and every buy-in.

So far, the only charts I've revealed are my daily bankroll totals, and only since my re-evalutation of my approach around New Year's. These numbers indicate my total bankroll when I log off each night. I also track my bankroll after each buy-in. Tonight, for example, I had six buy-ins, always playing only one table at a time. I only lost my total buy-in once out of six times tonight, which is better than my average.


A couple final thoughts about the blog...It is costing me some sleep. I have long wanted to become involved with blogging, and I'm enjoying learning my way through creating and maintaining one. I wish I new at the start all I know now about how to create a blog; I would have made some better links to Ferguson's rules, etc.


I do very much enjoy the feedback I get. It's funny, because I was quite shy about my goal in the beginning, vowing only to reveal it once I had the $10,000 to show what I'd done. The idea of the blog obviously shot that down. Still, I'm not sure I'm ready to share my little project with folks I see and interact with every day. I still like the idea of doing it first and revealing it once it's done. It's funny, the longer this thing goes, the more convinced I'm going to make it. I'd really like to search out other amateurs who have made a serious attempt at this. I did find one blog entry from a guy who had begun the challenge in 2006, but there were no follow-up posts.


Thanks for reading my blog, and I welcome your thoughts.


Coop

1 comment:

Steven Reed said...

your graph looks like the NYC skyline...